5/11/2009

mother's day


this is not me
&

this is not me {although i do love the flower}
&

i don't have any of these around the house
&

this is not my house {but i'd love it to be}
&

these are not my friends.
&

I BELIEVE THIS TO BE TRUE!!!

i am a woman that is trying her best to be a good example to her kids. i don't have the cleanest house, i don't cook the homemade meals, i don't bake all the goodies, i don't wear an apron, i have no desire to do yard work, i don't sew, i don't can my own fruits... i could go on, but i'm starting to cry.

i do love my children, i do give them hugs everyday, i do tell them that i love them 15,000 times a day, i do make sure they have food to eat, i do make sure their clothes are always clean & ironed (yes, even the jeans), i care for them when they are sick, i do try to make it to all the school field trips, i do take lots of pictures & always try to capture the "first" moments - regardless of age, i {we} do everything within our means {and sometimes out of our means} to give our children the tools to succeed, our children never have to "want" {some people call that spoiled, but rest assured my kids do not act like spoiled brats}, we do show the importance of attending church each week and taking the sacrament, we do take family vacations, we do take a family picture at least 3 times a year, we do laugh together, we do cry together, we do pray together {need to work on this a little more}, we are an eternal family.

........i guess i'm not doing so bad after all.

p.s... thanks to the white sequoia driving on the 10 east fwy approaching archibald at appx. 2:48pm on sunday {mother's day}, may 10th, that gave me a bird for mother's day because he did not check his side mirror or his blind spot before trying to switch lanes & had he done what he was suppose to do he would have seen that i had already moved into that lane! then when i kindly alerted him with a long horn sound, he kindly gave me my gift....{jerk}

1 comment:

kathyhoward800 said...

You are a great mom and it shows int he children you have raised. I am very proud of you!!

Love,
Mom