5/12/2009

...about this time 10 years ago

it's now 12:27am & about this time 10 years ago tyler was asleep in his bed & trinidad was asleep in the bed {because if i was having this baby tonight, he needed to get some sleep????} anyway back to the harp music.. i had been contracting for about 5 hours and they were getting closer apart {we lived in colton & the hospital was in fontana} & i knew we needed to leave really soon, so i went to the kitchen & packed tyler a little cooler of snacks & went upstairs & put my make-up on, then woke my two boys up. as we were leaving, trinidad called our mom's & said something like... "we're leaving for the hospital, but i'll call you if we're actually going to deliver, we don't know, it might be a false alarm"...it was may 12th and my due date was may 12th, i was having this baby! holy moly did the pain start & of course i didn't have all the paper work complete so as i was laboring i was also signing my name on every stinkin' 500 pages of the admission papers. we finally got to the room & our mother's were wise enough to come to the hospital {or trinidad actually had to call them to get down there becasue tyler wasn't old enough to be in the room & there was no one to take care of him outside of the room..don't know, i was in a lot of pain} anyways, i was swollen so they wouldn't give me anything & i was mad at myself because i wasn't tolerating the paid very well {i remember being in the restroom asking myself "what's wrong with you!?!?!? calm down & handle the pain, you can do this!!} & i missed the epidural window because i was now over 7, so they gave me this stupid drug that didn't take the pain away it just made it to where i couldn't open my eyes...then they wanted me to sit up, hold my legs up, push down.. all this bologna... i'm in pain & i can't open my eyes, i'm not doing anything...so the nurse & trinidad held everything wherever it was to be held & i pushed. then they wheeled me to the delivery room where..hello there was a mirror...who wants to see that?? not me. i remember complaining that it hurt so bad & the nurse tells me as soon as she comes out the pain will go away. that's all i needed to hear, i worked up a scream {i know, drama huh...i was hurting, leave me alone} {this is how i remember it anyway} & gave 1 big scream & 1 hard push & she came flying out!! & yes the pain went away & yes she had dimples just like her brother. see her story below...










happy birthday baby girl!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! What a cute baby she was!

kathyhoward800 said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy hope you had a great day at Disneyland!!

Love,
Grandma Kathy