2/07/2009

SHE'S AN ORPHAN!!!


Kennedy has been practicing for the Annie auditions that are taking place this weekend. She's been teaching herself the songs by watching YouTube videos. So, as a parent, how could I not take her to the auditions when I hear her every night practicing the songs in her room. We get there and right off she's on the stage with the others in her age group and they tell them "when we call your name stand up and sing for us".... oh, my gosh my heart fell. Kennedy has never done a SOLO! plus being judged and with all the parents watching, but she rocked it!! She did really well especially coming from a family that isn't so blessed in that area...it must be all that singing at church. After over 4 hours she was casted as one of Mrs. Hannigan's Orphans. The play will be in July and she needs to sell 36 tickets by May..(family, we'll be calling & I know where you all live!!!!)


4 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah! I am so excited that Kennedy is an orphan! Maddie is excited that Kennedy is going to be in it with her! We're gonna have to carpool.

Laura said...

that is just so cool - please tell her how awesome this is. i have always secretly wished i had the talent and non shyness for stuff like this.

kathyhoward800 said...

Good job Kennedy you are going to make a great little orphan! I did not know you could sing you have a sweet voice. Love you!!

Grandma Kathy

Unknown said...

You go girl! I love this play and more so now. Let me know the date, Tio Ernie and I can't wait to see the you on stage.