3/15/2009

KENNEDY'S ON-CAMERA SCREEN TEST

Ok, you know how you're walking around the mall with your kids 3-18, minding your own business and this person comes up to you and asks you "Have you ever considered putting your child on TV?" of course they say this in front of the child (because what child doesn't want to be famous) and they hand you a card from John Robert Powers, or something like that.... then it's in Ontario (CA) and it's like cattle call and they want you to spend $800.00 on pictures that will make your child FAMOUS! Well, me and Kennedy were walking around and this lady comes up to me & Kennedy and tells me how gorgeous my daughter is and she's so petite and blah, blah, blah. Then she drops the zinger words..."Jonas Brothers, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Drake & Josh", well she has Kennedy's attention and I'm waiting for the JRP business card and the invitation to come for an audition in "Ontario", but to my surprise she hands me a card from Kids Rock and tells me she's the owner and she wanted Kennedy tomorrow (Sunday) between 11:30 - 1:00, not in Ontario, but in Beverly Hills on Wilshire Blvd, and there would be very influential people from the industry there to meet with her. Ok, now I'm interested. She then tells me if I couldn't do 11:30 then get there early ask for her and she'd have Kennedy done by 11:30. Well, we don't start church until 1:00 and I thought "What the heck". So this morning, we got up early and drove to Beverly Hills. It was a very cool experience and for some reason based on the person that gave us the card, Kennedy was given the letter A on her paperwork. Here is her FREE on-camera screen test....I know I'm her mother, but I think she looks beautiful on camera...



Then we were moved from the screening room (which was a mini theatre) and taken to another room to meet with an interviewer. A's to the left and B's to the right... We were the only A out of the 2 rows in the room, so that was pretty cool! This HOTTIE George Michael look-a-like, is looking over Kennedy's paper and first question was "Do you speak Spanish?", she said no and he told her that if she did she could make alot of money! Dang it!! He asked her a few other questions then starts commenting on how pretty she is, looks at me and tells me how pretty she is (like I don't already know) and says she could model. What an ego booster!!! & I'm sure it made Kennedy feel good too:)! I wanted to tell him "you're very pretty too!!". He told us he mainly works with Jonas Bros and Suite Life, who knows if anything will every come out of it, but it was a very cool experience, we were in Beverly Hills, Kennedy had an on-camera screen test, Kennedy met with someone from the entertainment industry, Kennedy impressed someone from the entertainment industry and it was FREE!!!! plus we made it back in time for all of church. Here are pictures of the interview and a sample of the art that was on the walls of this suite.... sooo L.A.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cool! I too have had those John Powers people bother me but this one sounds pretty legit especially if they didn't ask you for any money!

Laura said...

wow you may have a star in the making. i think it is awesome that she is outgoing and not afraid to get up in front of people. that's a great talent in itself.

kathyhoward800 said...

I'm so excited for Kennedy& I'm sure somthing good will come from this,we will continue to pray for success for your family!!
Love you all, Auntie Bobbi

Jen said...

Sounds like you better get that little Kennedy a Spanish tutor!! That is SO cool!