11/16/2008

REDEDICATION OF THE MEXICO CITY TEMPLE


Today Kennedy and I had the opportunity to attend the rededication of the Mexico City Temple broadcast. We were the only ones from our ward and most of the people there were spanish speaking, but it was still an amazing experience. The testimonies were strong, even though the only words I understood were Jesus Christ, Thomas S. Monson and Amen. President Monson's daughter spoke as well as President Eyring and President Monson. President Eyring's spirit is so overwhelming. President Monson is a very funny man. I just love listening to him. He makes me laugh, then he fills my heart with the spirit. Kennedy was cute because when they said what song the choir would be singing and she knew it would be in Spanish, she grabbed the Hymn book and said "quick help me find it, hurry". We found the hymn (How Great Thou Art) and read along, of course I cried. It was a wonderful experience and I told Trinidad that as a family we will attend every temple dedication broadcast if and when they become available. I absolutely love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is fun and exciting and keeps me moving in the right direction. I have the desire to read and learn the scriptures, and as many of you know... I very strongly dislike reading. I am having so much fun since bringing the gospel in the home and watching Tyler and Kennedy's testimonies grow. Until next time......

No comments: